- Upcoming Classes, Workshops, Retreats and Rates - 2021
- Online Classes and Private to Semi -Private Yoga Lessons
- About Me and Contact Information
- About Iyengar Yoga and FAQ's
- Featured Pose - Virabradrasana II - Warrior II
- Yoga for Backache - General Practice
- Yoga to Boost the Immune System - General Practice
- Evening Yoga Routine - General Practice
- Morning Yoga Routine 2
- Book Review - Open Heart, Open Mind - by Tsoknyi Rinpoche with Eric Swanson
Monday, April 5, 2021
Awesome April Playful Challenge
I have read this quote before, “One of the hardest things to do in yoga is unroll your mat.”
April, in North America anyways, shows more signs of spring, light and growth, I thought it would be a great opportunity to incorporate some Sun 🌞 Salutations into your daily or weekly practice.
This is just a playful challenge. Please don’t over do:) as it is more a time to give thanks to the sun for the energy it provides.
In the videos I have tried to show a few options. If you join it may be helpful to keep a journal of not only the number of sun salutations done but also how your body felt, how the breath felt and what the mind was saying to you:).
Video 1 - use of wall: https://youtu.be/UPPCXGcIiPQ
Video 2 - use of chair or counter: https://youtu.be/eJljLNLBr-Q
Video 3 - surya namaskar variations: https://youtu.be/fdD5RcQ3ZZA
Thanks for joining me..
If you would like, please let me know how you’re doing, any questions, variations you’ve come up with.
You can also let me know daily, weekly or monthly how many you’ve done and we can have a grand total at the end of April.
I also put together this daily journal pages from others I had seen as a way to be more aware of other things I am doing in my day. Am I getting enough water? How am I feeling? Did I laugh today?